Not for the sake of writing
The stars didn't fall today; Sunday, November 11
I've been blogging for quite some time now (years, actually) and if you've followed me all the way from limemaryam, congratulations! Ahaha, no, that wasn't the point. The point is that, I wonder what you people think of me and writing? Not the things I write or my style per se, but just me and writing in general. Do you think I like writing? Again, it's not about me ranting my head off or what. Just me and writing. Personally, I think that part of the reason why I've been keeping a blog for so long (besides the super obvious fact that I like to expose the world to my irrelevant crap) (and albeit the fact that I've been updating erratically; sorreh) is that I just like writing. I like constructing sentences, seeing if I can come up with the most suitable adjective without thinking too hard (which I mostly fail in), making long-winded sentences and rereading them twice and thrice to see if they make sense, and then telling myself to Keep It Simple Stupid, just like what I'm doing now. Heh.
Or maybe I just like rambling on and on and on about how irrelevant my life is to yours. If I were to talk about it, no one would want to listen. I'm such a bad storyteller, anyway (I'm 100% sure that I'm a better listener than speaker). So I write. When I write, or blog, rather, I can look at my sentence, and delete and edit them accordingly.So I wouldn't be spouting so much nonsense. Okay you know what, I think I just like writing in general.
Which is why I'm sad that I have to write essays and all I can think of is, "Oh my God, I'm only half way through, 700 more words to go!" or "Ahhh, 500 more, Maryam, come on!"... Hais.
Or maybe I just like rambling on and on and on about how irrelevant my life is to yours. If I were to talk about it, no one would want to listen. I'm such a bad storyteller, anyway (I'm 100% sure that I'm a better listener than speaker). So I write. When I write, or blog, rather, I can look at my sentence, and delete and edit them accordingly.
Which is why I'm sad that I have to write essays and all I can think of is, "Oh my God, I'm only half way through, 700 more words to go!" or "Ahhh, 500 more, Maryam, come on!"... Hais.