Briefly brief

The stars didn't fall today; Saturday, December 29

A brief update of my past 2 weeks!


15/12 - Lunch date with some of my girls at Seoul Garden. It was awesome being able to see some people whom I've not met in the longest while (namely Syikinn haha). The gathering was a combination of 2 things that I loved most: good company and good food. (Y) For a lazyass like me, the fact that we were comfortably seated at a restaurant made it all the better. Barbecues have never held much appeal for me, what more now that I'm older (if it made sense that age has something to do with it, that is). I'm only fine with turning up for barbecues and not lifting a finger for it. Hahahaha!


16/12 to 24/12 - Went to Menes, Banten, Indonesia to help out my turquoise alma mater to teach English to the kids of MAGS. I thought I would be bored throughout the whole trip but nawww, sorely mistaken! Okay maybe we were bored some evenings but we were generally occupied, alhamdulillah. Even if it means just sitting around and layankan budak-budak tu punye perangai haha! But yeah, it was a very good experience for me; a city kid being thrown into kampung life. Had rice in the morning, afternoon and night. Had to deal with all sorts of critters and creatures (tokkek!). Experienced constant blackouts and power trips; we got so used to it sampaikan lepas dua tiga hari, bila tiba-tiba gelap, the conversation just flowed normally without stopping! Tried all sorts of food (no strange things though); in fact, my appreciation for veggies have grown immensely keke. I SURVIVED WITHOUT THE INTERNET FOR A WEEK. I definitely qualify to be called awesome now! :p I would expand further on what we did but I believe that you guys are friends with me on FB and you can access the photos I uploaded. I've made the effort to put in captions for some photos, to tell bits and pieces of the story so yeah.. (If we're not friends on FB, what are you doing here.. Haha!)


25/12 - Family dinner at Rasa Istimewa at CCK. Syafiq was warning me about the bad service but alhamdulillah, my family reserved places for 50 and also ordered the food in advance so it wasn't too bad. It was especially meaningful since my cousins in Indonesia and Australia were all in Singapore at that time. It was too nice a timing not to have a small gathering. Even then, about 3 cousins were missing from the gathering.

So, that's about it.. Attended the Alumni Homecoming aka alumni reunion lunch just now at turquoise school. Since the turuoise school is about to go back to its roots as a primary school soon,  out former mudir said that the ones who managed to obtain a secondary education at turquoise school are actually "limited edition". I like that.. It made me feel special ^^ 11 years as a turquoise student.. Not something that many can proudly say :)
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive