L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

The stars didn't fall today; Monday, January 7

Oh dear, I've been out so much this past week, which is definitely not me, and I'm just about ready to drop dead anytime soon. But being ensconced in my room, on a comfy chair, with my laptop (though my eyes are starting to hurt) and a cup of bandung soda (unhealthy but I'm not counting my calories) is a nice alternative until the time's reasonable enough for me to drop dead. Figuratively, that is.


Started the New Year off with a food date with my Abah at Johor :D We shared the above-shown monstrosity which costed only RM4 by the way (it's no joke; I am seriously getting scared of Singapore's hiking cost of living). Afterwards, my dad dropped me off near the makan place right outside SG customs and I met up with my girlfriends for more food! Okay, I didn't eat because I was too full already; I had shared ikan siakap with my Abah as well, so.. Plus, we also tapau-ed Subway :P Anyway, we went to Woodlands Waterfront afterwards, which was my maiden trip and we watched the sunset teeheehee.

Karaoke with my standard karaoke kaki (who is also my movie kaki), Zuhaira' at Boon Lay on Wednesday. Dank place had the nerve to raise prices and stop the sing-1-hour-get-1-hour-free offer! I'm never going back there again because honestly, the place and the out-of-damned-date song choices are seriously not worth it.



Met Syafiqah (okay, there are so many Syafiqahs, or whatever variations there are, in my life, that I've lost count) (this is one of my juniors in pinky school :) on Thursday after the loooooongest time ever and we watched 'A Werewolf Boy' which is a Korean movie that I wasn't interested in watching at all even though it had Song Oh-So-Good-Looking Joongki in it. BUT THANK GOODNESS SYAF DRAGGED ME TO WATCH IT BECAUSE IT WAS FANTASTIC. Storyline was atypical, acting was A+ all around and it was heartbreaking *cue in sniffles* Two thumbs up!

I went to university on Friday morning for a meeting. I am in a committee which is planning for a spiritual retreat for Muslim students. What do you guys think of paying $300 for a spiritual trip to Australia? Though spirituality and Australia kinda seem like they don't match. (I feel like maybe we need to tweak our objective. Instead of spiritual, maybe something like a learning journey? Hmm.) In the afternoon, I went to turquoise school for a post-mortem on the Banten trip. So, there's a possible Southern Thailand project which I'm excited about but details have yet to be finalised. Afterwards, Ms Dira treated us all to Pizza Hut and it made me reminisced about the camaderie we all shared during the 8-day trip in Banten. Good times, definitely!

Saturday, went to turquoise school (again..) for a Mentors meeting. Stayed until about 4, finalising details for the upcoming camp. Allah.. Not sure if I can commit to this next year. As it is, I got a job (yay, can strike it off my 2013 wishlist!) and it's from 2-7 p.m on Saturday. So, 8.15 a.m to 1 p.m (though I plan on hightailing out of the place by 12.30 or asap) mentoring students (and did I mention that my Science knowledge has deteriorated to about below negative, if that is even possible) and then dealing with Iqra' from 2-7 p.m. Dear God, give me the strength..

Stayed at home on Sunday. No plans. Or maybe I was just nervous my mum would go all "Kau ni! Tak reti nak duduk rumah eh?!" on me after 5 days straight of going out.

Oh wells. Went out today anyway hahahaha! Went karaoke (again) with Jo, Syers and Syafiq at Sembawang which is cleaner, super-updated and most importantly, CHEAPER. Grr. The Boon Lay place must be having a hard time on attracting customers. Not that hard to see why, really *rolls eyes* Afterwards, we met up with Dayah and Maira at CWP to try out the newly-opened Bagus. Alhamdulillah, more halal options yay! Had the fried kway teow and chawanmushi. May I take this opportunity to thank Nur Humairah for introducing me to chawanmushi and getting me addicted to what is basically steamed eggs?


My chawanmushi! I call that pinkish swirl thing 'Naruto'. Hehehe. What IS its name, anway?

So yeah.. Now I'm just chilling and listening to Super Junior-M's new song, "Break Down", and putting it on repeat. They're all looking gorgeous (what's new), the dance break is awesome (what's new), they're still dancing in boxes and sterile-looking sets because SM can't be arsed to go all out and spend money for SJ (what's new) and the song is better than what I expected (something new because SJ tend to keep to the same electro sound, which is why half the time, I just can't be arsed with their music). Yay. If you're wondering why I gave that small Kpop tidbit, it'll be because I've deleted my Tumblr, which means I've no other outlet for my occasional fangirling. Trust me, I've hit a new low in this fandom. Ugh, what am I gonna do? I hope my love for reading resurface sometime soon~

Oh and Donghae is so handsome but you know that already!

Credits to donghai@tumblr!

Wow. Long post. *pats self affectionately on back*

Edit: Yayyyyy! Just got the bidding results for modules! Philosophy and Sociology exposure modules, here I come :D
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive