#minoritywoes

The stars didn't fall today; Thursday, April 11

Today, during Korean lesson, a lot of us did not understand the meaning of 식사. We thought the meaning was 'meal' so we paired it up with the verb '먹다' which means 'to eat'. But the teacher said that the meaning of '식사' is not 'meal' and the verb is '하다' which means 'to do' and we just got even more confused. With Korean having its roots in Chinese, the teacher wrote Chinese characters for '식사' and the whole class understood.

Except for the non-Chinese students, of course, which would be me... And only me. And probably this one Korean-American girl. Afterwards the teacher looked at me and tried to explain it to me using one Malay word: Makan. I smiled and appreciate the effort but while I get the general idea,

I still don't understand what '식사' is exactly.
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive