Of world views and the differences.

The stars didn't fall today; Sunday, April 28


Went to the Centre for Language Studies on the last day of school with Humairah, chanced upon the above, picked a couple up and proceeded to the canteen to mangle every single language. Hahaha. I conclude that I'm bad at accents (ironically so since I'm living in a multi-ethnic country) and I will forever speak in a Malay accent. Alah, asalkan grammar betul sudah.

Talking about grammar, I just wanna talk about something small that occurred. Over the weekend, in a group Whatsapp chat, a fellow turquoise friend asked if anybody has a Nahu book in Malay or English. A friend, who is not of madrasah background and is training to be a Malay teacher, asked if he has a specific title in mind and the turquoise friend said, "Oh, I meant Arabic Nahu, not Malay Nahu." Just saying that it's kinda.. I don't know. Most of us in the group were from a madrasah so I bet everybody thought that my friend was talking about Arabic Nahu. My first thoughts weren't even about the type of Nahu but "Ada ke orang yang simpan buku Nahu yang bukan dalam Bahasa Arab?" I've only seen Arabic Nahu in Arabic and Jawi and I've come across one in Malay. But English? Not sure if I even wanna go there, actually. Anyway, I guess the kind of upbringing a person has plays quite a role in shaping his thinking and views, amongst others.

Sekian sahaja pointless ramblings untuk hari ini.
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive