Stop it.
The stars didn't fall today; Friday, April 26
I know I'm a bit too late to be commenting on the Boston bombings. My condolences to the victims' family and all those affected. My heart goes out especially to the little boy, Martin Richard, whose opportunity to grow up was snatched away from him in the cruelest of ways.
Aside from that, Muslim support groups/ organizations/ communities whatsoever need to stop giving out statements immediately every time some large-scale terrotist attacks occur. If the suspect/culprit has been identified and he's a Muslim and his reason is something Islam-related (which I can't comprehend how his twisted brain managed to come up with), then fiiiiiiiiine, I guess I can accept that. But giving out statements condemning attacks and going on and on about how Islam is a peaceful religion and does not condone any type of violence BEFORE there are even any suspects and/or the authorities do not even have an inkling about the reasons for the violence..
THE KNEE-JERK REACTIONS JUST HAVE TO STOP.
I'm sick of it. Yeah, there's a 99.9999% chance the perpetrator would be a Muslim but we need to stop being judgmental of ourselves. We ourselves give such a knee-jerk reaction to such atrocities yet we wonder why others see Islam in a bad light. Like hello? How the heck can we expect non-Muslims to have some faith in us when we don't have faith in ourselves?
Disclaimer: Yeah, this can go a lot of ways and there are probably a lot of arguments out there that can just burn the above into flames but I just need to get that off my chest. It's been bothering the heck out of me.
Aside from that, Muslim support groups/ organizations/ communities whatsoever need to stop giving out statements immediately every time some large-scale terrotist attacks occur. If the suspect/culprit has been identified and he's a Muslim and his reason is something Islam-related (which I can't comprehend how his twisted brain managed to come up with), then fiiiiiiiiine, I guess I can accept that. But giving out statements condemning attacks and going on and on about how Islam is a peaceful religion and does not condone any type of violence BEFORE there are even any suspects and/or the authorities do not even have an inkling about the reasons for the violence..
THE KNEE-JERK REACTIONS JUST HAVE TO STOP.
I'm sick of it. Yeah, there's a 99.9999% chance the perpetrator would be a Muslim but we need to stop being judgmental of ourselves. We ourselves give such a knee-jerk reaction to such atrocities yet we wonder why others see Islam in a bad light. Like hello? How the heck can we expect non-Muslims to have some faith in us when we don't have faith in ourselves?
Disclaimer: Yeah, this can go a lot of ways and there are probably a lot of arguments out there that can just burn the above into flames but I just need to get that off my chest. It's been bothering the heck out of me.