S'truth.
The stars didn't fall today; Sunday, May 5
When I was in Secondary 1, I started buying Lime and I collected every single edition until they stopped printing them towards the end of my Secondary 4 life. Lime was a monthly magazine so that's about 50 of those when I had to stop buying. I just let them sat (sit?) in my cupboard, taking up space that could've been used to store school books, amongst other things, until I finished Secondary 5 and decided I need to clean up all my things. Kinda like a closure thing, y'know? But just like any other normal teenage girl out there who was hung up on pop culture and good-looking stars, I pretty much wanted to keep my magazines (especially the ones that contained Harry Potter aka pretty-much-the-love-of-my-life back then). This is on top of the fact that I've always been a bit of a hoarder.
But you know, the best way to go about it is to just grab everything and dump it down the bin (or a recycling bin, if you're a treehugger). Which was what I did. I guess I'm also lucky to have the rather loud voice of rationale in me telling me to stop being stupid and that no matter how long I keep my magazines, there's nothing to be gained from them.
But then again, Lime is way out of the league that Time/Newsweek/National Geographic are in.
What I'd suggest is you go through National Geographic, cut out the interesting articles and pictures and keep them in a seperate folder. As for Time and Newsweek, they're basically about current affairs right? If you think about it, one year down the road, they're not really 'current' anymore. Of course there are articles that will always be relevant or meaningful to you, like thought pieces or an interesting interview with someone great (I know Time does that a lot), so you might want to cut those out too. This is going to be cold-hearted but throw the rest out. And you should throw out some now rather than letting everything pile and making it even more difficult later on.
So yeah, just saying. It helps if you're like me. One way or another, if I have something I'm interested in, there's a 90% chance that I will lose interest in it sooner or later (excpet for music). For example, I really loved the Harry Potter series, the books more so than the movies. If I recall correctly, the time between the release of the last book and the premier of its movie was quite long. My interests started waning even before the second part of the movie came out. And now? I can't be arsed about it anymore. The truth hurts but hey, nothing lasts forever.
A more recent example would be Super Junior. I don't even know what sort of activities they're involved in anymore. I know they're having a tour but anymore than that? I was in Korean class the other day and a friend mentioned that one of the members will be conscripted soon, which is big news in the world of KPop, but I'm like really now. For Super Junior, the process was made easier by the fact that I deleted my KPop tumblr, which was my main source of KPop news. I was in Indonesia for 8 days and I had no access to the Internet. I've always known that I need to ease up on my obsession with KPop and having survived 8 days without it, I came home and deleted my tumblr. It's basically the same thing as throwing out the magazines, really.
So yeah, two things to be learned from this post:
1. Chuck it out. Everything. Now.
2. Nothing lasts forever~ (Except for God, but He's in a realm of His own so, obviously He doesn't count.)
