An Arts Affair
The stars didn't fall today; Friday, June 14
I had such a blast yesterday! Met up with Zahirah, Nisya, Adibah and Humairah for lunch in the Arab St area. Like I've said before, food and conversation = ideal meet-up session. We did our Zuhr at Sultan and then went to Koh Nangkam which has really, really good Thai food. I am not a big fan of Thai cuisine, or any other foreign cuisines for that matter, but that restaurant serves very good Thai food, in my opinion. Plus the portions are big and the price is reasonable. We wanted to try the mango with glutinous rice dessert but they took it off the menu yesterday :( Gonna try my luck again on my next visit!
After Koh Nangkam, we moved on to Rouge Cafe for drinks and gelato. And a lot of conversation. Topics ranged from marriage, people who like to talk about marriage, doubtful people (ahem-ahem), school and some bits of this and that. For the first time ever, I had people speculating what sort of man I would marry. It was interesting since they didn't have any preconceived notions of me, shall I say, since we've only known each other recently as compared to my secondary school and pre-university friends (who always end up teasing me about the same guys, over and over again). These four ladies didn't know anything about my younger days (dear God, I sound so old) so they were trying to match a type of guy to my character which they've only known for about a year at most and a couple months at the very least. Cute lah haha! I've never even thought about it myself so it was really a new experience listening to people saying what sort of person I would end up with and why.
Walked back to Sultan and did our Asar and took photos! Afterwards, I left with Nisya who went to Darul Arqam and I zoomed to the airport to send Maiss off. I was late for the meet-up because I got caught up talking with the ladies over gelato and iced teas. Don't you love talking with people who operate on the same wavelength as you? Hehe. So yeah..
SITI MAISURAH MOKHSIN! All the best, sweetheart! Take care of yourself and rajin-rajin belajar. Explore Australia whenever you can and gain as much experience as possible. I hope you come back as a better Muslimah. Update your blog and tumblr often please because I'll be stalking through all the Leo goodness! xoxo
While I'm at it,
SITI FAATINAH SUHARTONO! This is a tad late but you know I love you, right? Teeheehee. I hope your orientation went fine and I hope you'll have a swell time doing English and Linguistics over at UIA! Things don't always go as planned but I know you're a fighter. Please don't seclude yourself in your rooms and go on road trips around Malaysia as well! Daki gunung ke apa. Go do things that's not the typical holiday-ish stuff okay? Please update your blog often! I would love to read all about your experiences and make sure you're still alive :/ ahahaha xoxo
Then we went to Popeye's and I stuffed myself some more. Met Kak Yasmin and Wani like finally!! So yeah, more jokes, more conversations, more of me slipping back to my original, unrestrained self. :P