Trekkin' it through.

The stars didn't fall today; Tuesday, June 11

I went for a trek through the Southern Ridges yesterday with Humaira and Nabilah. It all started off when Mai and I went for the recce at Labrador Park with some of the Maxima people. We were thinking that trekking or doing anything physical would be a good alternative to the usual movies/bowling/eating that we do when meeting up. So we cooked up a plan to go trekking at Hort Park and Henderson Waves. We also brought our own food and that became the second alternative: Not to spend any money when we're out. So, physical activities plus not spending money. Good idea, aye?

We met at about 9.15 in the morning outside of Hort Park and trailed all the way to Henderson Waves. We stopped at Henderson waves to eat (Nabilah brought cheese dip and Mai brought egg sandwiches) and it was only about 10.30 by then. After eating and chillaxing, Mai asked if we wanted to continue all the way down to Harbourfront and finish off with Zuhr at the masjid there. Since it sounded like a good plan, Nabilah and I agreed. So we trekked all the way to Mount Faber where the cable cars are at and trekked down on the Marang Trail and went back to the world of concrete and pollution T___T

So this was what we went through except that I cannot remember the Hilltop Walk. I think we were walking through the lower parts and just wanted to get to Henderson Waves so maybe that's why I have no recollection of the pretty architecture whatsoever. Oh and we started at Hort Park so we didn't do the Canopy Walk. All in all, I think we walked for about 3.5 km, which is quite a feat for me personally. In all honesty, I hate exercising. Surprise, surprise. But seeing how I need bigger pants than my ususal when I went pants shopping recently, maybe it's time to stop being lazy. Gah.

Sungei Buloh next week, inshaAllah!
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive