Korea: Day 6-7
The stars didn't fall today; Tuesday, July 2
First day of staying in today ever since I came to Korea~ Hehe. Today, during the last session of class, we met up with our Korean buddies. My Korean buddy was MIA so Sakinah got her buddy to ask if the two of them could get me to pair up with them and yes, alhamdulillah, approved! I think my buddy came in right after the approval. It was a guy; a very tall guy. I think I'd have died of awkwardness had I had to pair up with him. It's because our buddies are supposed to show us around Korea and bring us anywhere we want to go to. So imagine me. And a guy. Going around Korea.
I CAN'T.
So yeah, after the class, our buddy, whose name is Euihyun, brought us to eat at the student cafeteria. She's 24 years old so we're calling her 'unnie', which is what younger females call older females. It's the equivalent of 'older sister' or 'kakak'. For guys, they call their older sisters 'noona'. Talked for a fair bit with Euihyun-unnie; she's really nice and really tall. I think she's like at least 172 cm. Hehe. After lunch, she had to go meet her professor so Sakinah and I were left to our own devices. I opted to stay in the dorm and do my laundry while Sakinah tagged along with some others to watch World War Z somewhere.
---
Just came back from doing laundry hehe. So yes, I don't know what the next three weeks are gonna be like. Sakinah and I have told Euihyun-unnie what we want to do so we'll see how she'll do things. And I am having a really hard time finding souvenirs because for one, I'm just generally bad at gifts. I wanted to give a different something to everyone but besides my choosing gifts-skill really cannot make it one, I am on a budget. Haha! So I figured the people around me will be getting similar things. :p
Went to Ewha again yesterday, with Joyce and gang this time round. They've got really cheap stuff down there. All the bags are only 10, 000 won! The bags I'm talking about are the backpacks that are all the rage in Korea; canvas with leather straps and details, yeah? I should get one for myself soon, especially seeing how my Nike backpack already has a hole on the pocket :( I'm super sad about it; it was a birthday gift from my favourite idol group ever (okay, pre-u inside joke haha) but yeah.. I actually wanted to use it all the way till I'm done with university but maybe I'd have to switch my plans to a Korean bag now. Sigh, so disappointed with Nike. The bag was only two years old! :(
I CAN'T.
So yeah, after the class, our buddy, whose name is Euihyun, brought us to eat at the student cafeteria. She's 24 years old so we're calling her 'unnie', which is what younger females call older females. It's the equivalent of 'older sister' or 'kakak'. For guys, they call their older sisters 'noona'. Talked for a fair bit with Euihyun-unnie; she's really nice and really tall. I think she's like at least 172 cm. Hehe. After lunch, she had to go meet her professor so Sakinah and I were left to our own devices. I opted to stay in the dorm and do my laundry while Sakinah tagged along with some others to watch World War Z somewhere.
---
Just came back from doing laundry hehe. So yes, I don't know what the next three weeks are gonna be like. Sakinah and I have told Euihyun-unnie what we want to do so we'll see how she'll do things. And I am having a really hard time finding souvenirs because for one, I'm just generally bad at gifts. I wanted to give a different something to everyone but besides my choosing gifts-skill really cannot make it one, I am on a budget. Haha! So I figured the people around me will be getting similar things. :p
Went to Ewha again yesterday, with Joyce and gang this time round. They've got really cheap stuff down there. All the bags are only 10, 000 won! The bags I'm talking about are the backpacks that are all the rage in Korea; canvas with leather straps and details, yeah? I should get one for myself soon, especially seeing how my Nike backpack already has a hole on the pocket :( I'm super sad about it; it was a birthday gift from my favourite idol group ever (okay, pre-u inside joke haha) but yeah.. I actually wanted to use it all the way till I'm done with university but maybe I'd have to switch my plans to a Korean bag now. Sigh, so disappointed with Nike. The bag was only two years old! :(