Time has wings.
The stars didn't fall today; Sunday, July 14
14/07: Today I went across Seoul on my own. I was supposed to go bungee jumping at Yuldong Park with Sakinah but since she's sick, I asked Ayse to go with me instead. We agreed to meet at Seohyeon station which is where Yuldong park is located. Seohyeon station is in Bundang and if I'm not mistaken, it's a district outside of Seoul actually but the train stations are connected to the Seoul subway.
So the Bundang area is not a tourist area so when I wanted to switch lines, there were no English. It was very different from the other tourist-popular stations where they have signages in English. But of course, the lines were all colour-coded so I just followed the yellow signages. Don't scoff yet. The exit signages were also yellow okay! Haha! So putting my Hangeul-reading skills to good use, I managed to arrive at the correct platform and board the correct train teeheehee.
After more than an hour being in the train, I arrived at Seohyeon. I didn't know that the area is a shopping area. When I exited, I entered a shopping mall straight away. It was one of those high-end shopping malls (think Chanel and friends) so I found a corner to quietly sit in while waiting for Ayse. Then I started to people-watch.
One thing I love about Korea is how its people actually bother to dress up. In Singapore, I automatically judge people and give them demerit points in my head whenever I see people wearing slippers. From an objective point of view, yeah, slippers are perfect for Singapore weather and are comfortable. And there are even nice ones like Havaianas! From a subjective point of view though, I have no idea how having a hard piece of rubber in between your toes constitutes as comfortable. Also, toes ought to be hidden as the place where the sun never shines is. Knees too, while we're at it. I think toes are a bit ugly. Especially when people don't trim their toenails (dude, pleaseeee! Ugh). It's not like Koreans don't wear slippers; they do. But more of them wear shoes and nice open-toed shoes than slippers. A lot of the youngsters wear sports shoes and sneakers, with New Balance and Converse hi-cuts being the most popular respectively.
Also, I've yet to see a man wearing short shorts!! Guys, stick to your berms and pants, please. Singapore's weather ain't THAT hot. Also, a lot of hijabis out there are still alive so really, it's not an excuse to show off your hairy thighs -_- and if it's for the sake of fashion, ew. It ought to be burned.
(Oh I just turned to my left and there's an arab women wearing a hijab and an all-black outfit sitting there. Kekeke.)
Okay, I'm on my way back in a taxi and I didn't do the bungee jump because it was raining. I'm really sad. 너무 슬퍼요. So now Ayse and I are just gonna go back to Seohyeon and jalan-jalan.
So on my way back, I sat beside this drunk man on the train. It was fine; I could even hold the stench. Until he started leaning heavily onto me. Damn. I was just a kiss away from his hair okay. With four more stations to go till my destination, I alighted from the train. Ugh. Talking about drinking, everytime I go out with non-Muslim friends, they have been very nice not to drink or eat pork when we're eating from the same table. :)
So.. Classes tomorrow! Four more days to the exams/tests and five days to the end. Time sure flies.
So the Bundang area is not a tourist area so when I wanted to switch lines, there were no English. It was very different from the other tourist-popular stations where they have signages in English. But of course, the lines were all colour-coded so I just followed the yellow signages. Don't scoff yet. The exit signages were also yellow okay! Haha! So putting my Hangeul-reading skills to good use, I managed to arrive at the correct platform and board the correct train teeheehee.
After more than an hour being in the train, I arrived at Seohyeon. I didn't know that the area is a shopping area. When I exited, I entered a shopping mall straight away. It was one of those high-end shopping malls (think Chanel and friends) so I found a corner to quietly sit in while waiting for Ayse. Then I started to people-watch.
One thing I love about Korea is how its people actually bother to dress up. In Singapore, I automatically judge people and give them demerit points in my head whenever I see people wearing slippers. From an objective point of view, yeah, slippers are perfect for Singapore weather and are comfortable. And there are even nice ones like Havaianas! From a subjective point of view though, I have no idea how having a hard piece of rubber in between your toes constitutes as comfortable. Also, toes ought to be hidden as the place where the sun never shines is. Knees too, while we're at it. I think toes are a bit ugly. Especially when people don't trim their toenails (dude, pleaseeee! Ugh). It's not like Koreans don't wear slippers; they do. But more of them wear shoes and nice open-toed shoes than slippers. A lot of the youngsters wear sports shoes and sneakers, with New Balance and Converse hi-cuts being the most popular respectively.
Also, I've yet to see a man wearing short shorts!! Guys, stick to your berms and pants, please. Singapore's weather ain't THAT hot. Also, a lot of hijabis out there are still alive so really, it's not an excuse to show off your hairy thighs -_- and if it's for the sake of fashion, ew. It ought to be burned.
(Oh I just turned to my left and there's an arab women wearing a hijab and an all-black outfit sitting there. Kekeke.)
Okay, I'm on my way back in a taxi and I didn't do the bungee jump because it was raining. I'm really sad. 너무 슬퍼요. So now Ayse and I are just gonna go back to Seohyeon and jalan-jalan.
So on my way back, I sat beside this drunk man on the train. It was fine; I could even hold the stench. Until he started leaning heavily onto me. Damn. I was just a kiss away from his hair okay. With four more stations to go till my destination, I alighted from the train. Ugh. Talking about drinking, everytime I go out with non-Muslim friends, they have been very nice not to drink or eat pork when we're eating from the same table. :)
So.. Classes tomorrow! Four more days to the exams/tests and five days to the end. Time sure flies.