Lessons in baking.
The stars didn't fall today; Monday, August 5
Ironically, today's post is going to be about baking and baked goods and apa-apa yang seangkatan dengannya lah. I said I won't ever bake without a valid reason anymore but my mum asked me to make cookies for Raya so I had to do it. Besides that, she also asked me to fill up the kuih bottles for Hari Raya. Anyway.
8. I made these meringue cornflake thingies too. I had Mum seperate the egg whites for me because I fail at doing that. Anyway, this was my first time making it and it worked, alhamdulillah!
1. I'm not a kuih snob.
2. I really am not.
3. But if you have kuih tat that is made from Plan-freaking-eww-ta, kindly tell me in advance so I won't even touch it with a ten-foot pole. Quality > quantity, bro. And do you know how unhealthy Planta or margerine is?!
4. Mum has stopped making her own kuih since a few years back and started buying them instead. Sure homemade goodies are the best but sometimes you can find a few gems amongst the various kuih on sale (Papa Carries anybody?) (snorts). This year, Mum bought this strawberry thingamajig and they're chewy and nice *happy face*
5. Mum also bought another strawberry thingy called 'Jejary Strawberry'. Nope, I spelled that right. Really. Jejary.
6. Even the poor kuih is subjected to the humiliation that is the newfangled bahasa SMS. SMH.
7. Meet Chris, Leo and Shaggy. Chris coz Christmas. Leo coz my university colours and therefore, its mascot. Shaggy coz Shaggy damn-son-your-bellbottoms from Scooby Doo.

