A Saturday Affair II
The stars didn't fall today; Saturday, October 5
What I told the kids during the farewell today, except better phrased:
Right now, all of you may be facing difficulty, academically or otherwise. You may ask yourself, why am I doing this? Just what the heck am I doing here? But believe that if Allah puts you through it, He will see you through it. You might not know what the ending is going to be like but if what you are doing is something good and there is a chance that the ending will be good as well, then just do it. I believe that, sooner or later, you will understand why you had to do what you did.
Because that's what I'm feeling right now. I am so tired of school, it's not just funny. Seniors tell me to enjoy my university life and I just smile and nod at them but on the inside I'm just like, "What the hell is there to enjoy?" Maybe it's me not having a good work-life balance and I'll probably never get the hang of it but right now all I know is that I'm up to my chin deep in shisha and all I can pray is for 2nd of November to come around because by then I would have settled all my asignments and whatnots. Back to the topic; time and again, I have asked myself just why am I doing this? Why am I having such a hard time doing what seemed like a breeze before? Why am I slogging it out like I have no life? (I foresee myself cooping up in the library these next few weeks) I don't know the outcome but will it be worth it?
This is why I just tell myself to just do it. You don't know what you're doing it for but just do it. It's something good and the only results that can come out are good grades and a good job. So just do it. Leave everything to Allah and just do.
Shall stop here because I'm starting to sound like a broken Nike commercial.