A Saturday Affair.
The stars didn't fall today; Saturday, October 5
Forget the self-imposed hiatus. I seem to suffer from withdrawal symptoms. No kidding; it's been quite a few times when I would be composing a post in my head and suddenly remembered that I had declared a hiatus. Too much love for the art of "speaking to myself" (according to Harith) as well as the need to tell the world about all the things that run through my head. Or parts of it anyway. Not to mention that my number 1 fan was disappointed when she kept reading short posts which culminated in a hiatus. Teeheehee :*
Aaaanyway, today was the final Maxima session for the year. Shoutout to Karimah, Sri Nur, Zinnirah and Farhanah for being awesome mentees who patiently listened and waited for me to fumble through my explanations regarding solutions to Math problems and Physics/Chemistry concepts which I don't have any memories of learning. (There. I admit it. Tsk.) Shoutout to all the other Sec 5 students who sacrificed their Saturdays to listen to butt-numbing lectures. Shoutout to all the mentors who sacrificed sleep and other commitments to help out with Maxima, especially those who weren't from turquoise school. Shoutout to the heads of the heads (I call them the 'Triple H' plus 1 N) who did everything while seemingly making it their mission not to burden the other mentors as much as they can.
Not that you read this but if you do, you know who you are :)
After the farewell session (we had pizza and ice cream and all sorts of good food ngeeee), I attended a meeting with my Tokkeks! Brought me back to last December and oh my goodness, we started reminiscing and all the memories started flooding in. Good times, good times~ I terribly miss Banten now. Not the kids really (I'm just gonna be brutally honest about this lol) but the place mostly. It was such a nice break from this urban jungle and I would love to go somewhere like it again. Anyway, the meeting was for the upcoming project in Magetan this December and it was fun fooling around and cracking jokes while brainstorming. So lucky of us to get such a chill teacher like Miss Dira ;) Afterwards, we went to eat at Yellow Submarine, fully sponsored by the Bank of Miss Dira (chill AND generous! How awesome can a person get! :) and I finally get what the hype is about. Though maybe the next time round, I'll take the 'No Onion' option like Ilyas did today. So much for laughing at him for being such a kid.. The onions were in huge chunks! I do eat them but there's something about large chunks of raw/sauteed onions that turns me off.
HI LONG POST IT'S BEEN A WHILE.
