:(
The stars didn't fall today; Thursday, October 17
Ugh, Bestfriend just asked me out for a movie and I turned her down because I have work to do and I feel like shit. Yes, I need to utter that because using schoolwork as an excuse to turn down spending time with your loved ones is just shit. Yes, seeking knowledge is important but honestly, I don't know how many percentage of what I'm doing in school is actually true knowledge-seeking. If it's truly knowledge that I am acquiring, surely I wouldn't feel so sad so as to refuse Bestfriend's offer. But this.. It seems like a mere acquiring of data to be stored for now and purged later during exams. Purged forever, at that.
I don't know.. I'm just upset that I don't have a good work-life balance. I haven't met any of my friends outside of school for.. I don't know how long it's been. The last person was probably Syera and that was like two weeks ago? Yesterday the turquoise girls had a small lunch at Nando's before Ummi goes off for Egypt again and I was prepared to skip 4 p.m lecture for it (in any other situations, don't follow my example, kids) but I realised that the lecture was really pertinent to one of my essays due next month. And I don't know... I should stop trying to explain myself because even though my excuses can be as most valid as they can get, I still feel like shit for using schoolwork as an excuse for turning down meet-ups that don't even happen all that often.
I don't know.. I'm just upset that I don't have a good work-life balance. I haven't met any of my friends outside of school for.. I don't know how long it's been. The last person was probably Syera and that was like two weeks ago? Yesterday the turquoise girls had a small lunch at Nando's before Ummi goes off for Egypt again and I was prepared to skip 4 p.m lecture for it (in any other situations, don't follow my example, kids) but I realised that the lecture was really pertinent to one of my essays due next month. And I don't know... I should stop trying to explain myself because even though my excuses can be as most valid as they can get, I still feel like shit for using schoolwork as an excuse for turning down meet-ups that don't even happen all that often.