;_;
The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, October 30
Remember my previous post about my last words for Maxima farewell? Where I said that even if you don't know why the heck you're doing something, you should still continue doing it if it is something good and the outcome can only be something good.
But something that's struck me since that day is how far should you push your misery before you decide that's it, you can't take it anymore? Like where do you draw the line between continuing to believe in its goodness and owning up to your misery and quitting? I honestly don't know and I don't know who to ask. If you have any opinions, drop me a tag.
Secondly, a friend asked an interesting question today and I replied with an answer that was quite the opposite to what I would have answered, say, 6 months ago. If Harith were to listen to me, he would have gone, "Eh Maryam dah liberal eh sekarang." Haha. How do you stay true to your beliefs (I take them/mine to be shaped by religion) without seeming like an outcast? Because honestly, every day I am seeing things that used to be foreign to me until I seem to be accepting of these things and not condemning them anymore. So how do I know that my beliefs now have not changed because of other factors but only religion? How do I guard myself from believing in something just because it's so prevalent and everybody seems to think it is not wrong?
Please don't think like I should come off my high horse or something because I truly don't mean to sound arrogant. These questions just popped into my head and they won't leave. Anyway, I guess one thing that I have to be grateful to university for is that it exposes me to a lot of different opinions (and I really do mean a lot) and with that, I learn how to respect others and articulate my own opinion without hurting others.
Thirdly, I wish I am not so hypocritical. Like what's the use of picking only certain aspects of a matter to feel strongly about yet slacking off on other aspects of the same thing?
Dah tu je.