"Above all the others, we'll fly."

The stars didn't fall today; Thursday, February 27

Saturday night: The plan was to go to Badoque and gorge ourselves on glorious food. But alas, we arrived too late and so we decided to go to Ria Supper Club instead. Syer picked me up at 8:45 and we arrived at RSC at 10:30. In that span of time, we could've reached Malacca aye. Ate some lamb chops ("broccoli mak!" *inside joke*) and tried some sort of wheat grass drink which Nadh ordered (boleh tahan sedap) and proceeded to lepak until 2 a.m at Changi. Perangai Melayu tahap maksima okay. Ada satu orang tu siap pakai baju kurung. Fuh. 

Now I'm not a proponent of lepak till late at night. Mostly because night is the time for sleep and even if I were to stay up late, I'd rather be watching Korean variety shows while I'm at it. Also because I've been listening to my parents threatening my forever-coming-home-during-the-wee-hours-because-they-have-bikes-and-like-to-lepak-with-their-friends brothers to put a padlock on the door if they were to come home really late. But I don't know what happened last Saturday because 1) I was spending time with my friends, especially Raje whom I haven't seen forever and 2) my parents didn't call me or ask me the morning after about how late I got home (maybe because my brothers were even later and I got home at, like, 3 *rolls eyes*). 

Even though I'll be 22 this year, my parents still call and nag at me if I'm still outside by 11 p.m. and I've not yet texted them. But I gotta admit that there was a certain thrill in staying out late because there was a risk of getting into trouble. Haha dah besar panjang baru nak experience benda-benda gini. But actually, all in all, I don't covert the chill parents that some of my friends have. I have too much of an old soul for that. Haha. 

Monday morning: First day of recess week and I started the morning by reading the Malay paper. And I couldn't help laughing to myself when I saw these.


Ultimate irony eh? The two articles would practically be kissing each other were I to fold the paper close. Pffft. Whispered a short thanks to Allah because I don't need to ride the trains to school anymore. 

Tuesday night: Manhattan with Zu! Because she needed to let her frustrations loose about work and I needed someone as fodder of sorts to make fun of. Ahaha. Then we walked around a bit (hello, 3 malls around JE station) (melampau) and I got new shoes while Zu got notebooks for school. Congrats on getting into SIM btw! 

Wednesday afternoon: Lounged at the library with a reading in my lap. 

Thursday middle-of-the-night: Woke up with my legs itching and I couldn't sleep for a while so I reached for my phone. Checked Whatsapp and Bestfriend had sent a shot of her flight details for New Zealand this Saturday. 

Thursday morning: Agreed on short notice to be part of a planning commitee for a program under the school's Malay Society. I have no idea what I got myself into, even after swearing to myself from Year 1 that I'll never get involved. Tapi kalau dah dua orang sekali yang minta tolong.. I still don't know what I signed up for. 

Thursday evening: I came to a deeper realization about friends being blessings. To cut the story short, I really do not want to ever lose Zahirah as a friend. <3

Have you listened to Boyce Avenue's cover of Creed's My Sacrifice? There's no other word for it but beautiful. Here, go. 
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive