Happy mid-week.
The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, March 19
I spent the better part of two hours on Monday evening talking to Kiwi Girl on Skype. TWO HOURS OF PHONECALL. For someone who hates talking on the phone, that just shows my love for you is even beyond 'infinity and beyond'. Haha! Stay safe and I hope you get the ground rules clear soon! And check on your major/graduating requirements for godssakes! :*
I spent the whole day in school yesterday and today. Actually did my readings for GG before tutorial tomorrow (Karns and Mingst, I hate you) like wow I'm actually impressed with myself. I also spent two hours on the computer, transcribing a twenty-minute portion of the hour-long interview I did with the migrant worker last Sunday. That was a pretty painful process *winces*. Anyway, I like how my week's been progressing so far. Monday started out depressing but after lunch with Dibs, Skype with Bestfriend and the arrival of my Royal Pirates album, it was good. Finally saw Humy today after more than a week of not seeing her and I had a late dinner with Zahirah at one of the eateries outside school after being holed up in the library for the whole day. I should try other Thai food besides Pad Thai.. For the love of Siam though, I can't find it in me to like Tom Yum. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth :/
I think I should keep myself in school my often. Just now I also met Sakinah for a brief meeting (I'm involved in an event organised by one of the school's Malay Language Society *slow claps*) and I told her how I'm actually doing my readings and of course, since she knows me well enough when it comes to schoolwork, "Wow, dah berubah seh Kak Yam!" "Haha berubah lah sangat. All I did was to keep myself in school." I'm probably gonna end up dead tired all the time but it's better to be dead tired and productive rather than just plain dead tired.
So here's to more 12-hour days in school whee. I've got a lot of stuff to talk about but I'm gonna put a cap on it for now. Let me just tell you that
1) I am feeling inspired lately; I'm actually having an interest in something and I might want to do something related to it in the future,
2) thanks to (1), my dream travel destination is no longer Tokyo. In a sense, yay~ I finally get to understand why I want to go somewhere. I've actually never known what is it about Tokyo that made me want to go there so much anyway,
3) but I still want to go to Tokyo if I have the chance too though haha and,
4) I wish I know why I can stay awake through a 1.5 hours of lecture about the global refugee situation but can barely keep my eyes open during a 1.5 hours lecture on enzymes and the workings of the human body. How is our interests shaped, really?
Nights. It's nearly 11:30 p.m as I write this. I'm trying to sleep earlier as much as possible. Wrong time of the semester to actually attempt such a feat but it's worth a shot.
I think I should keep myself in school my often. Just now I also met Sakinah for a brief meeting (I'm involved in an event organised by one of the school's Malay Language Society *slow claps*) and I told her how I'm actually doing my readings and of course, since she knows me well enough when it comes to schoolwork, "Wow, dah berubah seh Kak Yam!" "Haha berubah lah sangat. All I did was to keep myself in school." I'm probably gonna end up dead tired all the time but it's better to be dead tired and productive rather than just plain dead tired.
So here's to more 12-hour days in school whee. I've got a lot of stuff to talk about but I'm gonna put a cap on it for now. Let me just tell you that
1) I am feeling inspired lately; I'm actually having an interest in something and I might want to do something related to it in the future,
2) thanks to (1), my dream travel destination is no longer Tokyo. In a sense, yay~ I finally get to understand why I want to go somewhere. I've actually never known what is it about Tokyo that made me want to go there so much anyway,
3) but I still want to go to Tokyo if I have the chance too though haha and,
4) I wish I know why I can stay awake through a 1.5 hours of lecture about the global refugee situation but can barely keep my eyes open during a 1.5 hours lecture on enzymes and the workings of the human body. How is our interests shaped, really?
Nights. It's nearly 11:30 p.m as I write this. I'm trying to sleep earlier as much as possible. Wrong time of the semester to actually attempt such a feat but it's worth a shot.