Turquoise Friday.
The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, April 30
I wanted to blog about my short meet-up with my turquoise friends the other day but I keep forgetting. Sel beeped the class on Whatsapp that she and Syafiq (I think) wanted to go for lunch at the Arab Street area a couple Fridays ago. I wanted to go but I had a meeting scheduled with Cheng Yao at 4 so I couldn't. Or so I thought. On Friday itself, I really felt like meeting up with the girls so I ditched asked Cheng Yao if we could reschedule the meeting. He's a cool guy so ta-da! I got to meet up with the girls and spend all my money on food. I can feel regret blowing my money on stuff but not food. It takes a lot for me to regret spending money on food, which is very rare. Haha.
We wanted to eat at Which Sandwich initially but the store closed down recently so we went to Eazy Eazy instead and I ordered a sandwich there instead. It was raining cats-and-dogs; any other days, I would've scowled at having to sit outside with the rain soaking my shoes and the back of my shirt but it was okay that day. Maybe because Sel was busy being her usual drama queen self and Raje was making the usual stupid jokes that make me want to faceplam a thousand times over. It always feels like we're seventeen again when we get back together. Back to our loud selves without censorship (this is subjective okay), knowing that we can be ourselves without being judged. There's just something about growing up with each other. A friend asked me the other day if I feel pressured to behave a certain way around people who know that I studied in a madrasah. The answer is yes, I do. That's why I like it when I'm with my turquoise friends. It's not that we act un-"Madrasah"-ic or un-Islamic (aren't they the same things actually?) It's just that I lower my guard more, through my actions and words, somehow, someway.
After lunch, we went to Cake Love, a quiet cafe along Jalan Pisang and we got dessert and coffee. Between the 8 of us, we got most of the desserts they had on offer :DDD I got their salted caramel pie which was nice but I couldn't have survived the effect it had on my throat if not for the coffee. Haha. Then there were macarons and an Elvis pie (peanut butter and bananas and chocolate and cream, anybody?) and a brownie and creme brulee and waffles. Everything tasted really good but the highlight of the day has got to be Faatinah's frustrated exclamation towards Raje being an annoying brat.
Sorry, some things just can't be disclosed. HAHAHAHA.
We wanted to eat at Which Sandwich initially but the store closed down recently so we went to Eazy Eazy instead and I ordered a sandwich there instead. It was raining cats-and-dogs; any other days, I would've scowled at having to sit outside with the rain soaking my shoes and the back of my shirt but it was okay that day. Maybe because Sel was busy being her usual drama queen self and Raje was making the usual stupid jokes that make me want to faceplam a thousand times over. It always feels like we're seventeen again when we get back together. Back to our loud selves without censorship (this is subjective okay), knowing that we can be ourselves without being judged. There's just something about growing up with each other. A friend asked me the other day if I feel pressured to behave a certain way around people who know that I studied in a madrasah. The answer is yes, I do. That's why I like it when I'm with my turquoise friends. It's not that we act un-"Madrasah"-ic or un-Islamic (aren't they the same things actually?) It's just that I lower my guard more, through my actions and words, somehow, someway.
After lunch, we went to Cake Love, a quiet cafe along Jalan Pisang and we got dessert and coffee. Between the 8 of us, we got most of the desserts they had on offer :DDD I got their salted caramel pie which was nice but I couldn't have survived the effect it had on my throat if not for the coffee. Haha. Then there were macarons and an Elvis pie (peanut butter and bananas and chocolate and cream, anybody?) and a brownie and creme brulee and waffles. Everything tasted really good but the highlight of the day has got to be Faatinah's frustrated exclamation towards Raje being an annoying brat.
Sorry, some things just can't be disclosed. HAHAHAHA.