August II

The stars didn't fall today; Tuesday, August 26

This post will be about my Raya visits with friends.


The first group of friends I went out with was my university friends. Let me introduce my very pretty friends. The one at the top right is my crazy Korean buddy named Sakinah whom we often tease whenever she tries to speak Malay. Sungguh tak memberi semangat ye. The one in black is Nisya Minaj and she's our resident Kajol. The one in front of Kajol is Zahirah and she used to be the makcik of the group but she's toned down a lot from when we first met. Haha. In front of Zahirah is Adibah and she's forever busy with her one million and one different groups that she's involved in and she's a lady with a vision. The one on the right with the brown tudung is my belangkas buddy, Humairah. Belangkas because we promised to stick to each other throughout school and I've seen so much of her ups and downs that I can tell you that we're gonna be friends fo' life. /fistbumps/

Aaaaaanyway, Dibs invited us to her house and all we did was to eat (Dibs made very nice mee goreng) and talk and talk and talk. I swear that's all we ever do when we're with each other haha. Oh and tease Sakinah to death. But maybe that's just me. Anyway, we didn't actually go jalan raya. After having had enough of lepak-ing, we went to the malls near Tampines MRT to do some shopping. I bought a bag that I first saw at Jurong but didn't buy. I kept thinking about it so when I chanced upon it in Tampines, I took it as a sign to buy. Plus it was on sale at a 40% discount, okay! Double signs! Hehe.

The second group of friends I went out with were my classmates from turquoise school. Okay it was supposed to be a class thing but you know how it always goes. Only six out of thirty-or-so of us ended up going. Mo joined later so the above was the bunch that started out. We went to Sel's house first because standard ah every year, we always go to her house. Her mum made some fabulous nasi lemak and this is coming from a non-nasi lemak fan. Sel remembered that I don't like to eat spicy stuff so she asked her mum to made the sambal non-spicy. AWWWH I LOVE MY KAKAK. Seriously though, the sambal was, hands down, the most non-spicy sambal I've ever eaten. Even I don't make my own sambal that non-spicy. Hahaha! But it was sweet and the ayam goreng was as amazing as I remembered them so it was all finger-lickin' good.

After Sel's place, we went to Harith's place where his mum served us bee hoon and entertained us all afternoon long. His mum was seriously nice. Also, we all got a shock at how big Harith's little sister has grown! The last I saw her, she was still this chubby-cheeked little girl in Primary 1 but she's already in Primary 6 now! We all thought that Harith's older sister had come back from Egypt but no, it was just the little sister all grown up. Nawww. Before we went off, we all took OOTD shots with Harith's infamous floral curtain as the background and uploaded the pictures simultaneously on our IG accounts just to make fun of him.


This time round pun jalan Raya lepak gila. We went to CWP afterwards where we layan Sel who had Swensen's cravings. Ni kes sayang punya pasal okay, considering I wasn't in the mood for ice-cream. Heh.


The third group I went out with was my girlfriends from turquoise school as well. They are the people I was closest to during secondary school, amongst others, and we kinda stuck together even after graduation. It was also the first time Nabilah couldn't join in the fun since she's away at Kiwi Land but we went to her place and Skyped with her family around. Anyway, I didn't join them from the start because I wanted to go for Maxima. Met them at Mai's place around Zuhur and went on the usual rounds afterwards. Syera ferried us around, alhamdulillah. It was pretty comfy because she managed to get the family car :P Ended the day at Nadh's place. Not much story for this bunch because it's pretty much the same, year in, year out. Kalau tak gila, apa lagi. Heh.

And that's my second post for August.
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive