Bid War Status: Won.

The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, August 6

I got all the modules I bidded for, alhamdulillah. Initially planned to take two Level-3000 modules for this coming semester but decided to drop one and do a Level-1000 in its place. I decided to do that because I'll be taking two Science modules (one Physics and one Pharmacy) and were I to learn a lesson from the disaster that was General Biology, I need to focus a lot on Science modules. Despite the two modules being Level-1000s and non-examinable, Level-1000 Science is no joke. For me, that is. I mean, look at how General Bio turned out.

Okay, I really don't want to go there.

Anyway! Besides the aformentioned Science modules, I'll be taking two History modules (pray for meeeeee) and French 1. That's right. French 1. I gave up on Korean. Okay, no, maybe not give up. I just decided to expend my energy and time on something more achievable. LOL WHO AM I KIDDING? Let's just say, at this point of time, where I'm about to go into my third year (Oh. God.) , it's all about the grades. Taking on Korean 5 will just be suicidal. I'll be competing with all these Chinese girls (and some boys) who have the advantage of language similarity and that alone is enough to kill my enthusiasm. Korean used the Chinese Hanja writing system before they created their own Hangul and most times, my friends could easily guess what a word mean due to similar-sounding words in Chinese. Excuses? Maybe, but for the sort of person that I am, I think it's justified.

Moving onnnn, I never did do a review of my previous mods... Or did I? Well some were cool, some were not (I'm looking at you General Bio and Korean 4 ugh). Global Gov was cool because UN and all that shizz. Global Econs was kinda cool because it's my first Econs-related mod but only 'kinda' cool because the professor, despite being passionate, was a bit messy during presentations. We only finished half of the original syllabus and there were a lot of adjustments during the semester. (She guzzled too much Coke too but that's personal haha).

So... School starts next week. After 3 months of holidays, I'm not sure how I should feel. Happy? Excited? Dread? I don't know. I don't feel anything for now. I'm just glad I have a lot of modules with Humairah because it's always good to see a familiar face.

I went to the cemetery on the last day of Ramadhan. I'll post photos soon inshaAllah. Hope your Syawal's been good to you and that you have been good to your Syawal :)
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive