An update about an update.
The stars didn't fall today; Monday, September 22
The next time I decide to update my phone over Wifi, please stop me. I've done it before and it hung on me. I managed to like some sort of reset it and everything was kept intact as well as update the software at the same time. The iOS 8 just came out and me being the lazy arse that I am to switch on my laptop, connect to iTunes and update my phone via a USB cable, I decided to update it over Wifi. And of course, it just HAD to hang.
So I tried to reboot it or whatever, got told to connect to iTunes, which means I ended up having to switch on my laptop (sigh) and guess what? I had to restore it to factory settings. Wow. I was starting to panic because I thought my contacts would get wiped out and that's the only thing I care about. They can delete everything else but I'm just dead when it comes to contacts. But guess what again? Due to my diligence in backing up my phone (yay me), my apps are slowly being reinstalled. The thing is, I'm not seeing any Whatsapp icon on my phone right now...
Not sure if I'm happy or sad about this.
So I tried to reboot it or whatever, got told to connect to iTunes, which means I ended up having to switch on my laptop (sigh) and guess what? I had to restore it to factory settings. Wow. I was starting to panic because I thought my contacts would get wiped out and that's the only thing I care about. They can delete everything else but I'm just dead when it comes to contacts. But guess what again? Due to my diligence in backing up my phone (yay me), my apps are slowly being reinstalled. The thing is, I'm not seeing any Whatsapp icon on my phone right now...
Not sure if I'm happy or sad about this.