Lost in Johor

The stars didn't fall today; Friday, October 10

[Written on 9th October, around 10 p.m.]
It's Thursday night, I have class tomorrow at 12 and I am currently at a hotel lobby in JB, with no access to my room. All that is comforting me right now is that my Abah is on his way with my Ummi and I fully trust his sense of direction. 

Actually Abah wanted us to get together for dinner because it's Ummi's birthday tomorrow (what did I say about Abah being the only person in this house who does anything for people's birthdays? Lulz.) So the plan was to book a room, get dinner and go home tomorrow. I was  my abang's pillion since he picked me up from school. My other brother rode on his own and he didn't want to overnight at the hotel. He insisted on going home on his own but the problem is... He didn't know the way from the eating place. 

Cekik darah betul ah. Argh. Abah said to just go straight and follow the signs but he kept giving the helpless look so we had to bring him almost right up to the entrance of the checkpoint. After he left, kita pulak yang masalah. 

-________-

My brother said he knew how to get back to the hotel but he went into the wrong road and we just got further and further away.  The only thing we could do was to U-turn so we searched for one. Abang and I managed to get to one soon enough (though I think it was illegal) but Abah didn't manage to get into the right lane fast enough so he had to go straight on. Masalah lah jugak because Abang didn't know how to go back to the hotel from that road...

We waited a while for Abah but eventually decided to try our luck on finding the hotel on our own. Rembat je ah and alhamdulillah we managed to get to familiar roads. But jeng jeng jeng we didn't notice that the road we were supposed to turn into got blocked so we just went straight for a while until we realised that we've been going straight for too long and the roads were starting to get unfamiliar again. 

-_-

So for the umpteenth time today and I really mean the umpteenth time, we stopped by the roadside and pondered what to do. Lo and behold, I saw the sign saying 'Plaza Kotaraya' and we started debating if it really is the Kotaraya that was right beside our hotel. In the end we decided again to just rembat and alhamdulillaaaaaaaaah, it really was the Kotaraya. 

So we just lepaked at the lobby until our parents walked through the entrance and we started comparing tales haha. Eventful night. I take it as a good sign that I didn't panic that we were lost at some point because I really, really hate not knowing where I am. We didn't even have Internet!! I think this side of me might have started downing some chill pills. And that's... really good. 
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive