Mati itu pasti.

The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, October 15

A junior from turquoise school passed away yesterday. I'm not too sure of the cause though. She was only a year younger and her passing was sudden. May Allah bless her soul and place her amongst the righteous in Paradise. 

I told my friends that it's such a shock because her death was so unexpected. But then again, we know we are all going to die anyway. It's just that we don't know when. We know we can die anytime yet why are we so shocked when said anytime arrives? Death is not the unexpected. It is actually the expected. Yet most people, yours truly included, can't seem to grasp the fact that we need to always be in a situation we want to meet our Maker in (that is, husnu-l khaatimah). We can't. I can't. Or rather, I can. But the understanding doesn't translate into the proper actions. How now brown cow?

Think. If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, what would you do? We're always besieged by Western notions of living it up and doing all the fun stuff yada yada and basically partying it up and feeling happy. But as a Muslim, what sort of happiness is that? A happiness that will last into the lifetime beyond? 

This (and I'm not sure what 'this' really is) is probably gonna bug me for the next few days. May we all be better than we were yesterday and even better still tomorrow than we are right now. Keep reminding each other aites. May Allah keep you all close to Him always. 
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive