Of mere utterances and actual effort.

The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, November 12

I can be so ungrateful sometimes
I have to stop wishing I can live other people's lives, I have my own life to live!
I have to be thankful be thankful all the time
-al haurah (I still don't know what this means, okay)
I have a friend, H, who keeps going to Dubai every few months because her brother lives there. Right before she made her most recent trip, I commented, "Woah, I wish I could be you, H. To be able to go to Dubai so often." Another friend laughed and quipped, "You're so funny, Maryam. Here we all are, wishing we could be you, able to study in such a prestigious university."

It looks like I haven't been counting my blessings, doesn't it? And it's not just merely uttering "Alhamdulillah" but also about putting in the effort required to even be deserving of such blessings. Yesterday, I saw this dude, who was in one of my classes, stay till late to finish off his readings. When was the last time I did that? Heck, have I ever done that?

Moga diberi kecekalan.
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive