Just Pho You.
The stars didn't fall today; Tuesday, December 23
Hey, I'm back~ I'm sorry I kinda disappeared without a warning but I totally forgot about leaving a note here. I was away at Thailand from the eighth till seventeenth and my cousin got married last weekend. *takes a deep breath* Cheh, step mana punya busy lulz. Anyway, I'll be queuing up some posts about Thailand but for now, it's all about my girls that I have not seen since even before school ended keke.
We finally met for lunch today! Zahirah, Dibs and I flew off right after exams and Sakinah has been busy for IAW (saikang queen!) Humy and Nisya... err, have been watching Bollywood movies? Mehehehe. We finally found time to get together today, even if for a little while, alhamdulillah. We ate at this Vietnamese restaurant along Jalan Pisang. It's called Pho 4 All and they served, uh, pho. Now, I have never eaten pho before. It's like the national Vietnamese noodle dish or something but I think due to the almost non-existence of halal options, I've just never tried it? I decided to give it a go when the girls were all excited on Whatsapp about going to eat pho and boy, WAS I GLAD THAT WE WENT.
There were about 5 different pho on the menu; four beef and one chicken. The difference amongst the beef phos (lol) was the type of beef served with the pho. For example, Humy and I chose Option 1 (each had their own Viet names but let's not go there) and the pho contained brisket and flank. The others got Option 3 which had additional meatball and other cuts, I think. Everything else was the same. Now that's done, can I rave about the pho? The huge bowl of noodles looked just like your usual unassuming hawker centre bowl of noodles but this was a very good example of how looks can be deceiving. First of all, the broth.The broth really got to me; it was so flavourful. I'm not a foodie, I'll give you that. My general reaction to trying new food is either "Eww, that tastes bad." or "Wah, this is so nice!" and that's it. But I think that if a manga artist were to draw me at the moment I first tasted a spoonful of the beef broth, he would have drawn me with heart-shaped eyes bigger than those of Sailor Moon's.
Cheh. But honestly? It was just that good.
Next, the meat slices. More heart-shaped eyes, please. They were sliced thinly and they just melted in my mouth. I wish there had been more slices of meat but that's just the glutton in me talking. For the price of one bowl (mine was about $8, I think), the serving was fairly generous and it was very filling. The noodles were just.. noodles. I don't know how pho noodles are supposed to be or how I'm supposed to describe noodles in general but they're nice noodles... HAHA. They had condiments too but I only put the taugeh in and ignored the bay leaves, lime, chilli, black soy sauce and chilli sauce. Whoops. *inserts apologetic face* I'm very very bad at eating things with what you are supposed to eat them. Like how mee siam is usually served with only the noodle and the gravy, and you're supposed to top it with tofu, taugeh, kucai, egg, sambal and a splash of lime but I only put in the tofu and egg........................................ Okay, fine. FINE. I have kiddy taste buds. Lulz. But I'm learning okay??
We also got the spring rolls. Humy and Sakinah got the traditional rice rolls which looked really nice. I think I might have a go at that the next time I'm there inshaAllah hehe. We also got the deep fried spring rolls which had bits of chicken in it and mine was gone in three bites.
WELL, EVERYTHING WAS GOOD LAH. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE. I think it's become one of my favourite places to eat at.
After pho, we crossed the street to Cake Love and I was so sorry to find out that they don't serve hot chocolate (like what the.. What sort of cafe doesn't serve hot chocolate!!) (sorry Nisy Nisy, next time okeh? Hehe) but they served pretty tasty churros and red velvet waffles. So we took pictures and we talked about school and SPOL and school and school and IAW and more school. Coincidentally, it was results day today (I got okay, alhamdulillah) so we talked about school a lot. I really can't remember what else we talked about. I remember Amir Khan somewhere but I was just generally sleepy the whole time. The weather, man.. Nisya was a lot less chatty too (I hope you're fine, love!) and I really miss Dibs (I haven't seen her for the looooooongest while). I managed to banter with Sakinah like usual, it was same old, same old with Humy (pakai blusher nampak hehehe) and Zahirah was just as makcik-makcik like always (haha love youuu). Anyways, time spent with them is always time well spent, alhamdulillah :)
Ahhh school's starting soon. I have about two and a half weeks of holidays left. I think I'm just gonna slack... Does anybody want to go to KL or something? Hahaha
