EVP 2014: Day 5.
The stars didn't fall today; Friday, January 2
Our first R&R at Krabi, after finishing the first part of the program.
12th Dec 2014, Friday:
After the end of the first session, we went for our first R&R today. We went to Krabi! I finally got the chance to visit the famous Ao Nang Beach and it was so... Cantik, subhanallah. We got on a boat which we had all to ourselves. The first island was Tup Island which was so full of tourists but it was so pretty. All the beaches and islands were pretty; I can't put into words how mesmerizing it all was. They all look the same: white sandy beaches with clear waters the colour of deep turquoise. Just looking at my feet submerged in the water enthralled me.
We then only passed by the second island which was Chicken Island. The boat stopped near it and we snorkeled. I can't swim to save my life but I jumped in anyway because I didn't think that it's an opportunity I should pass up so easily. I didn't really snorkel but it was a personal achievement to be jumping into deep waters; like I kinda overcame my fear of the unknown, albeit only by a bit. The third island was Pado Island where we had lunch and had coconut! The coconut was really yummy and so cliche but ehhh. Haha. I don't know what's the name of the fourth island but we stopped there, near a boat that was selling food, from which Fira and I finally got our mango sticky rice! We also got french fries and Arif got a banana pancake, this time round with chocolate sauce.
After cleaning ourselves up at a mosque, the teachers let us wander along Ao Nang on our own for some shopping and I got souvenirs. We ate at a BBQ buffet restaurant a la Seoul Garden for dinner. On the way back to the hotel, we drove on long stretches of roads without lamp posts. The only source of light was the van's headlamps and most of the time, we were pretty much the only ones on the road. Everybody else was asleep when I looked up into the sky. MashaAllah, the stars... They were brighter and looked more infinite than the previous time's, if that's even possible. That was one of the very few moments in life where I wished I have 20/20 eyesight. Can't wait to get to Lake Tekapo in New Zealand with Jo :D
12th Dec 2014, Friday:
After the end of the first session, we went for our first R&R today. We went to Krabi! I finally got the chance to visit the famous Ao Nang Beach and it was so... Cantik, subhanallah. We got on a boat which we had all to ourselves. The first island was Tup Island which was so full of tourists but it was so pretty. All the beaches and islands were pretty; I can't put into words how mesmerizing it all was. They all look the same: white sandy beaches with clear waters the colour of deep turquoise. Just looking at my feet submerged in the water enthralled me.
We then only passed by the second island which was Chicken Island. The boat stopped near it and we snorkeled. I can't swim to save my life but I jumped in anyway because I didn't think that it's an opportunity I should pass up so easily. I didn't really snorkel but it was a personal achievement to be jumping into deep waters; like I kinda overcame my fear of the unknown, albeit only by a bit. The third island was Pado Island where we had lunch and had coconut! The coconut was really yummy and so cliche but ehhh. Haha. I don't know what's the name of the fourth island but we stopped there, near a boat that was selling food, from which Fira and I finally got our mango sticky rice! We also got french fries and Arif got a banana pancake, this time round with chocolate sauce.
After cleaning ourselves up at a mosque, the teachers let us wander along Ao Nang on our own for some shopping and I got souvenirs. We ate at a BBQ buffet restaurant a la Seoul Garden for dinner. On the way back to the hotel, we drove on long stretches of roads without lamp posts. The only source of light was the van's headlamps and most of the time, we were pretty much the only ones on the road. Everybody else was asleep when I looked up into the sky. MashaAllah, the stars... They were brighter and looked more infinite than the previous time's, if that's even possible. That was one of the very few moments in life where I wished I have 20/20 eyesight. Can't wait to get to Lake Tekapo in New Zealand with Jo :D