Things that say a lot about people
The stars didn't fall today; Friday, February 6
So I saw this post which is about how certain actions say a lot about the person doing them and I asked Bestfriend if she's got a link to a site that interprets the actions because I couldn't be arsed to use my brain. She said no so she came up with her own interpretations (here)to accommodate me and my lazy brain. So now that I've had a cup of very lovely Turkish tea that Adibah brought back from her recent trip (and also because I'm putting off doing school work) (what's new), I've decided to add some of my own interpretations for a few of the statements ('coz Bestfriend's done most of the work anyway lulz)
things that say a lot about people:
i) how they feel about the weather -
Personally I don't think this is a good indicator of a person's personality because people don't always feel the same about the weather. Unless they're the kind that keeps complaining that it's such a nuisance when it rains and it's too hot when it's sunny. This kind of people are hard to please and we'll all do well to stay away.
ii) whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books -
Doing this to books that you don't own definitely makes you deserving of a kick in the arse but otherwise, it's totally fine. In fact, I think it's lovely. I think people fold pages or highlight quotes because that particular part of the story resonate within them. They keep going back to that scene again and again to smile to themselves or remind themselves or to just feel, really. So... This shows the sentimental side of a person? I am totally not talking about scholarly works, of course. But if that's how you roll, hey, I'm not one to judge. Heh. But people who dog-ear pages can also be the forgetful ones who cannot remember where they left off.
iii) their preferred creative outlet -
I can enjoy music but I don't know how to play an instrument, Jo. Haha! People who like to draw have an eye for details and they place importance on aesthetics a lot. People who like to play music have their own characters and do not feel the need to blend in with the crowd. People who like to write have a lot of ideas and their heads are always full of commentaries about everything around them even though on the outside, they're just sitting there quietly.
iv) how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone -
Extrovert vs introvert like what Bestfriend wrote. I absolutely hate talking on the phone, by the way, which I am sure I have reiterated enough times on this blog.
v) whether or not they drink coffee
I take it that this is as in coffee-lover vs non-coffee lover? It's a bit difficult for me to generalize a person's characteristics by their tastebuds. (Though sometimes I find those that really love sweet things tend to be um.. really young at heart?)
vi) if they ever forget to eat
Passion. People who are passionate and too caught up in doing something they love tend to forget to eat. Actually, I think people who are in a state of extremity tend to forget so. Like Bestfriend said, "highly" depressed and/or "too" busy. Basically, the unchill people. That's not a word, but you get me.
vii) if they correct your grammar
They really just don't want you to make the same mistake in front of other people and embarrass yourself... *tries to reassure guilty self*
Now I know why Bestfriend's post got shorter towards the end. Ahaha.
things that say a lot about people:
i) how they feel about the weather -
Personally I don't think this is a good indicator of a person's personality because people don't always feel the same about the weather. Unless they're the kind that keeps complaining that it's such a nuisance when it rains and it's too hot when it's sunny. This kind of people are hard to please and we'll all do well to stay away.
ii) whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books -
Doing this to books that you don't own definitely makes you deserving of a kick in the arse but otherwise, it's totally fine. In fact, I think it's lovely. I think people fold pages or highlight quotes because that particular part of the story resonate within them. They keep going back to that scene again and again to smile to themselves or remind themselves or to just feel, really. So... This shows the sentimental side of a person? I am totally not talking about scholarly works, of course. But if that's how you roll, hey, I'm not one to judge. Heh. But people who dog-ear pages can also be the forgetful ones who cannot remember where they left off.
iii) their preferred creative outlet -
I can enjoy music but I don't know how to play an instrument, Jo. Haha! People who like to draw have an eye for details and they place importance on aesthetics a lot. People who like to play music have their own characters and do not feel the need to blend in with the crowd. People who like to write have a lot of ideas and their heads are always full of commentaries about everything around them even though on the outside, they're just sitting there quietly.
iv) how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone -
Extrovert vs introvert like what Bestfriend wrote. I absolutely hate talking on the phone, by the way, which I am sure I have reiterated enough times on this blog.
v) whether or not they drink coffee
I take it that this is as in coffee-lover vs non-coffee lover? It's a bit difficult for me to generalize a person's characteristics by their tastebuds. (Though sometimes I find those that really love sweet things tend to be um.. really young at heart?)
vi) if they ever forget to eat
Passion. People who are passionate and too caught up in doing something they love tend to forget to eat. Actually, I think people who are in a state of extremity tend to forget so. Like Bestfriend said, "highly" depressed and/or "too" busy. Basically, the unchill people. That's not a word, but you get me.
vii) if they correct your grammar
They really just don't want you to make the same mistake in front of other people and embarrass yourself... *tries to reassure guilty self*
Now I know why Bestfriend's post got shorter towards the end. Ahaha.