#week12

The stars didn't fall today; Sunday, April 12

This blog has been devoid of any substantial post lately. Not that I'm claiming that I have been writing substantial posts since the start but you know.. Whining doesn't exactly constitute the substantial. Anyway, I'm just writing this because I actually have three essays to submit in a week but the inertia is strong with this one so why not write a blog post instead? *insert lots of irritating smileys*

I haven't said anything about Nisaa' of NUS on this blog, have I? Anyway, it's this group/initiative that a dear friend started with a few others since last semester, I believe. I wasn't involved but Adibah pulled me in this semester so I got to meet lots of lovely new people alhamdulillah. They've been organising events for Muslimahs in NUS which is pretty cool since MS events can be overwhelming with all the guys around. (That's MY opinion, by the way.) Just last Friday, we organized a Maulid event exclusively for girls and we recited the burdah (I've only been recently exposed to this and it's a beautiful thing, really) and listened to tazkirah and had good food. School's been a sore pain in the arse; events like this make for a good form of escape. We've also been having regular usrah sessions and the ustazah once said, "If you're tired of studying and you find yourself busy with worldly affairs, go to a majlis ilmu. Being tired and busy shouldn't be an excuse for not going to such gatherings; in fact, being tired and busy should be the reason why you go. Because this sort of gatherings is what soothes your tired souls." (aw kamaa qaalat hehe)

And oh oh oh! Syafikah brought her baby to school on Friday so I finally got to meet Nayla! As soon as I arrived at Foodclique in school, Syaf was like, "Can you hold her? I want to buy food." Naturally, I smoothly went, "Oh, why don't I buy your food for you?" But of course... Syaf just went, "But I want yong tau foo." I don't know if my face showed the alarm I felt in my heart for that one moment but yes, I felt terrified at the prospect of having to hold a baby that's not even 100 days old. Nayla was sleeping so I awkwardly held her and kept asking God to 1) not let her wake up and, 2) let Syaf quickly pick her yong tau foo and get back asap.

The baby opened her eyes a couple times but woohoo, she didn't cry at all! Not even when her mum got back. *pumps fist in the air* I think I like this baby lulz. But seriously, my respect goes out to Syaf. She went around school with Nayla in her tummy for nine months like how... The joke that the acronym actually stands for 'National University of Stairs' is anything but a joke okay. And how does she do it with a baby kicking while attending lectures and tutorials, writing papers and sitting for exams? Respect, mashaAllah. May Allah grant her (you, if you're reading this Syaf :) the highest of Jannah because only Allah knows how great her jihad is as both a seeker of knowledge and as a mother.

This coming Friday dapat jumpa Nayla lagi, inshaAllah! Mehehehe.

Okay, my last deadline is in nine days. In the meantime, I have two 2k essays, a 1.5k essay, a timeline to update, two tests and an oral exam to face. No more language modules after this semester, Maryam! May Allah ease our affairs. Till the twenty-first! Cheers
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive