DGIT Diary I

The stars didn't fall today; Sunday, June 14

Hi, I'm sorry I haven't been blogging. I don't have any interesting things to blog about actually. Life's been.. life. Mundane all day, err day. Like I said, my mum hurt her leg so she's been wheeling herself around the house. She can still do stuff but I've been taking over some chores. I start my day with cooking nowadays. Been telling my friends that I'm training my domestic goddess skills. Pfft. Mum still tries to do what she can but she does it a lot slower so I try to do whatever I can. Sometimes she chops the ingredients and stuff and I do whatever needs to be done at the stove. Last Sunday was market day so my dad went to the market and got all the fish and meat. I've yet to try that out; honestly, I still don't know the different fishes except for the ones my mum often cooks. Once my dad got home, we started cleaning the fish and meat and poultry (is there a collective word for these three?) and it was funny because the two of us have never done this before and my mum was just doling out instructions at us and getting frustrated because both of us tend to be sloppy when doing stuff in the kitchen. I've gotten hella lot better at it though, as in, I've become less sloppy, because I've been in the kitchen a lot of times but my dad... LOL.

It's times like this that I see the personality clashes between my parents and I try to determine from whom I got certain traits. I'm mostly like my dad, actually. For example, we are, in no way at all, perfectionists. My mum is the exact opposite. She likes things to be done in a certain way and the end-product has to be nice. My dad and I, on the other hand, we tend to be easily satisfied with most things. Let's take cooking for example. My mum measures everything. EVERYTHING. It's like "Okay, you need 5 chillies, 50 grams of onion, 1/8th freaking teaspoon of salt. Oh, this is slightly bland. Oh, this is too sweet." My dad and I are more like, "Yeah, let's just throw in a bit more sugar. Yeah, let's sprinkle some salt. Um, this tastes fine. We're not gonna die from eating this." Anyway, I probably hate cooking because I need to follow all of my mum's recipes which contains very specific instructions.

(The only good thing is that, in following my mum's recipes, everything I cook tastes exactly as she does it, which is nice, so.. I can't exactly complain.)

So, yes, this has been an update from a Domestic Goddess In Training. I'll probably update some more about housework and other chores in the coming posts so look out for that. Can't exactly 'get a life' because someone needs to be at home to accompany my mum and I have been unofficially designated the caretaker role since I'm on a 3-month holiday. There's my older brother who's still searching for a job but let's not go there.
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive