Year 4: End of Week 1
The stars didn't fall today; Friday, August 14
Apparently I am not the only one who has difficulty explaining about my major to people. The GL Honours majors finally got together today, in a class where there are only us and not outnumbered by single-track minded people PS majors like in every other GL module. The prof handling this particular module is the one who taught us our very first module in GL during freshman year. Like I told my friends, it feels like coming full circle; starting it with her and (almost) ending it with her. When I first took the GL exposure module, none of us knew that we were gonna meet again three years later. That's how sketchy the program was. My friends and I were and still are the guinea pigs and we skipped declaring Graduation after our third year even when the department had not came up with anything concrete for our fourth year. We're probably the most resigned bunch in the school. Kekeke.
Ehem, I totally sidetracked from my thesis statement. So Prof was asking us about our experiences since she last met us three years ago and we shared what we think about our major and its difficulties and we agreed wholeheartedly that we often found ourselves lost for words when it comes to telling people about our program. I usually start with "Oh we learn about processes relating to globalization." Afterwhich I will broadly detail to them the structure of the program, talking about theme and regional tracks and straightaway delving into mine. And it seems like most of us have been doing the same thing; talking only about our tracks which isn't exactly fair. Our major is multidisciplinary and none of us are studying the exact same thing as the other. Two person might have the same tracks but one could have taken a lot of modules from Sociology and PS while the other preferred modules form Geography and History. But it is this exact diversity wherein lies the problem.. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to answer satisfactorily one day.. when I graduate probably. Lulz.
Ehem, I totally sidetracked from my thesis statement. So Prof was asking us about our experiences since she last met us three years ago and we shared what we think about our major and its difficulties and we agreed wholeheartedly that we often found ourselves lost for words when it comes to telling people about our program. I usually start with "Oh we learn about processes relating to globalization." Afterwhich I will broadly detail to them the structure of the program, talking about theme and regional tracks and straightaway delving into mine. And it seems like most of us have been doing the same thing; talking only about our tracks which isn't exactly fair. Our major is multidisciplinary and none of us are studying the exact same thing as the other. Two person might have the same tracks but one could have taken a lot of modules from Sociology and PS while the other preferred modules form Geography and History. But it is this exact diversity wherein lies the problem.. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to answer satisfactorily one day.. when I graduate probably. Lulz.