-

The stars didn't fall today; Tuesday, November 10

We've been having tahlil every day since my mum's passing. On the second day, my aunts told me to cook the rice in the huge rice cooker that my mum had. I didn't even know which rice cooker they were talking about until I looked into the storage room. After figuring its whereabouts, I didn't know how much rice is able to fit into it and I spent fifteen minutes with my aunts squabbling about how much rice to fit in. At home, I measure the rice in terms of 'leng' of which one is equal to your standard tin can. One of my aunts who doesn't use the 'leng' was arguing with another who uses it and we decided on a certain amount. The next day, I took out the hugeass cooker from the store room. It was wrapped in a blue plastic bag and voila, guess what was pasted on the side? My mum had written precise instructions on how much rice would fit into the cooker and even jotted down how many servings that is. 16 'leng's of rice would be enough for 10 dulangs, with one dulang shared by four people. And true enough, the measurements fit; 16 'leng's of rice equates to a full rice cooker and makes for exactly 40 servings of rice. Thanks, Ummi. 
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive