Of Lychee Mojitos.
The stars didn't fall today; Monday, November 30
Yesterday, Mai treated me and Syafiq to a meal at I Am Cafe or however it is that you spell it. I wanna do that when I have a job. Treat people to meals. Haha. Anyway, we then walked around shopping malls (when was my last time doing this, honestly) and headed to West Mall where I got a new travel backpack which I hope can fit everything for the upcoming trip because there is no way I'm pulling a luggage around. I'm just really excited to start shopping for the trip (and this is coming from someone who hates shopping) and I just wish exams would end already. Anyway, we rounded the day off with some cakes at McCafe and a chat about skincare during which I tried to convey to Syafiq how concerned I am about her habit of trying new stuff out since I am past being concerned about her blowing her money on makeup products. Time to change to a new tactic to guilt-trip her into reducing her purchases haha. (I know you read this!!)
Anyway, continuation of my riding lessons under the cut!
19/10: Attended a defensive riding theory lesson at 7.30 am on a Sunday where they attempted to scare the lot of us with horrific videos of riders getting thrown off their bikes and run over by huge lori balak. I mean, yeah... But I suspect you can make me go through a haunted house at 7.30 am too and I wouldn't even react. And I hate ghosts more than squeamish stuff? Like.. I couldn't even laugh at the brader who got told off for sleeping in class. I feel you, man D:
1/11: Went for the second and third defensive riding theory classes from 9 am till 1 pm. Information overload much? Anyway, by now (then?), I have already passed my 5.01 and was waiting for 5.02 which is the centre's evaluation for the circuit. So we basically have to pass 5.02 before we can test out the roads and book the TP test. Getting back to the theory lessons, the instructors were doing the same thing as the first lesson. Talking all about the possible risks and differences of various types of bikes. What you should do and not do and they keep asking all sorts of questions like "When you get your bike, will you squeeze in between vehicles on the road?" ("Not so soon ah.") and "Single white line can U-turn not?" ("Ah, cannot." "Wah you need to go take BTT again ah. Can lah, U-turn.") They flashed some gruesome pictures (like I don't really understand why anybody would wear slippers when riding. Do you know how nasty torn tendons and toes look like?) and since I was a bit more awake this time round, I winced.
14/11: Finally got around to doing 5.02 and my heart sank when I got 22 demerit points for the assessment. To pass the TP test which is inclusive of both circuit and road, you need to get less than 20; to pass the centre's assessment for just the circuit, it's a brutal 12. So getting 22 was just :( I always make a wide turn when exiting the S course so I really couldn't help that particular 4 points. During the earlier rounds, I got a 16 so I know I can do better than a stupid 22. Oh well.
22/1/twentyfreakingfifteen: I passed my 5.02 a few days after the above; I got a 10 alhamdulillah. And today, 2 months after that, I finally got around to doing a circuit practice. Baikkkkk punya perangai, dua bulan tak naik motor. Nasib tak accident even though dalam circuit, the max speed is 30kmh. Pergh. Perangai. So yeah, went for RC which is practice in circuit. Obvious sangat dah lama tak naik sampai instructor tegur.
Perangai lulz gila.