#4

The stars didn't fall today; Friday, January 1

31/12: Went all the way to Viaduct Harbour, with Maiss in tow this time round. We grabbed a couple of lamb and, spinach cheese pizzas to go along Queen St and walked along the harbour until we found a shaded spot to enjoy our lunch. The weather was hot at 2:00 pm but as per usual, the cold winds were present too. I got a mocha to warm myself up and asked Maiss and Jo if they wanted anything but guess what? "Nah, I want something cold in this weather." *side-eyes* But in all honesty though, my hands were warm for the first time since I landed in Mel-freaking-bourne (and not even Auckland) when I held my cup of mocha. 


Anyway, Maiss was like the official photographer while Jo and I were complete noobs about it. We had a blast laughing at my videos later that night because I was just terrible at taking them. So yeah, after that, we headed to High Street and got a bingsu which is basically the Korean version of ice kacang. I've only eaten bingsu in Korea before this and well, since I'm honestly not a big fan of ice kacang, I'd say bingsu in Korea and NZ are all pretty much the same ahahaha. 

After that, we walked along Queen St again and went to Countdown and bought stuff for dinner. Jo made pasta alla puttanesca and that was my first time tasting capers. Pretty sour stuff right there. She also made garlic bread, having prepared the spread in advance. We ended our dinner with pavlova for dessert and again, Jo had made it before we came. Like.. PSA: Wife material right here, in case any single guys are searching for The One. 

Maiss talked about a lot of stuff during dinner which made me reflect some, I guess. So yeah we talked the night away and caught the New Year fireworks which could be clearly seen from Jo's place. To tell the truth, I've never seen a proper fireworks display before. I've never been out at midnight just to see fireworks or jostled with the crowds to get the best spot for doing so. I frankly find it a waste of time. However, I have watched enough National Day parades on TV and I have a clear idea on what fireworks are supposed to be like and honestly? The fireworks around the Sky Tower last night weren't anything special. I think SG and it's wasteful spending on spectacular fireworks display spoiled me but yeah, foreworks need to be extravagant to look pretty. 

01/01: Slept at around 3:00 am (I swear my body clock is going to the dogs and it'll be more apparent when I'm back) and  we woke up to the sounds of wind pounding the door and super heavy rain. Currently 12:19 pm and the rain's subsided. But it's really chilly right now and no, I'm not gonna shut up talking about the weather because this is such a contrast with the SG weather. I hate the heat and humidity back home but I can definitely say that I would absolutely hate winter, even if I've never experienced it. The cold is really nasty man. 

Anyway, we're probably gonna chill at home today and prepare for our trip. Idk if we're going out but I'll probably be bundled up the whole day if we do. The shops are pretty much closed though..
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive