Graduated and Unemployed I

The stars didn't fall today; Wednesday, August 3

I made my blog private for about a week or so because I got some traffic which I'm not sure I want. It is ironic considering that this blog is public and pretty much anybody can read it. If they somehow managed to access it, that is. I guess I've grown comfortable with having only a few readers, most of whom I know on a personal level. 

Anyway, I went for some last kopek Raya visiting with the girls from turquoise school over the weekend. On Saturday, I went out with the usual crowd and we visited each other's place with the exception of Dayah's and Syafiq's. Hannah even put her nine cats (one died recently) in cages so that was the most comfortable I've ever been at Hann's place lol. 

On Sunday, I went out with the class and we visited some of our teachers. We visited the ustaz who first taught me Al-Quran when I was in Primary 2 and last taught me Arabic for O Levels. He fell sick during the past year but I was glad to see that the sickness didn't rob him of his humour which was the saving grace that kept me from falling asleep during his lessons. We also visited the ustaz who taught me Fiqh in Primary 4 though for the life of me, I couldn't remember if he taught me Fiqh during secondary school. Pretty sure he taught us Faraidh though.. Hmmm. We also visited the teacher who caught Hannah and I fooling around at the back of class during Geography lesson in Sec 4 and proceeded to kindly inform the whole class that I've gotten naughtier. HAHA. But eh, I got an A for Geography so it's not that I wasn't totally paying attention. We also visited the teacher who, although he has never taught me before, taught some of my friends English (I was taught English by another teacher who was my one and only English teacher for the whole of my secondary education) (tells you something about the strained resources of my alma mater eh). I'm pretty familiar with this last teacher, however, because he was the one who trained me during athletics, which I inexplicably signed up for and stayed doing from around Sec 3 till Sec 5. 

Maryam and running? Weird combo but yeah, it existed back then. 

I still cannot get over how my teachers look the same since from I first remember them. They. Don't. Age. At. All!!!

Anyway, the two days exhausted the heck out of me and I was in bed after the second round of visitings when I received a text from Syer, wishing me a happy birthday at the stroke of midnight. Can I just take a moment to announce that up till that point, I'd actually forgotten about my birthday. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I've reached that point in life. Whatever that point is hahahahahaha

Okay that's all guys. I still haven't properly started searching for a job so there's nothing to update there lel. 
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive