"Dah kawen seh!"

The stars didn't fall today; Monday, October 3

My cousin held his walimah yesterday, a day after his nikah and it was more comfortable than usual because he had it at the local CC ahahaha which means air-conditioning in this terrible heat. And as per my paternal family tradition, we all dressed up in similar pieces, with the girls donning blue and pink baju kurung, the aunts donning blue and blue, the uncles wearing turquoise and the boys wearing maroon. If you ever open up my closet and see various fancy lace dresses and baju kurung, know that I own it only because someone got married. After a few straight years of complaining, my aunts finally decided to ditch the lace this time round, thank you Allah!!!!

So, first photo! The girls hanging out before the guests started to come in. I was wearing a satin shawl of sorts and it was so difficult to keep it in place -_-


Second and third photo were taken while we were waiting for the bride and groom to make their entrance. So we were waiting to just trail behind them, to have a mini sort of berarak procession. Some of my cousins were still missing though. And there's no full shot of me because I'm always at the back, to make way for my shorter cousins haha. The little girl right in front is Amiera, my cousin's daughter and her mum taught her such that if you ask her, "Man Amieratuz Zahraa?" (as in, "Who is Amiera?" in Arabic) She will reply, "Ana!" Cute gilaaa I kennot.



Another one right smack in the middle of the desserts section lel. My cousin hired a good caterer and there was quite a variety of food and they ensured that everything was topped up all the time. I like.


One shot with the bride and groom.


Bride and groom left for a photoshoot and the guests all left so we decided to have some fun on the dais. This is the more decent shot out of the crazy ones loool and we took videos and all.


So.. I'm uploading photos here because I've abandoned my Instagram. I still have my account but I've deleted the app off my phone so I'm not on it all the time. I haven't uploaded anything in a few months. I've also deactivated Facebook and I still haven't found a good enough reason to reactivate it. Other than the fact that I'm behind all the viral videos and trends (which are mostly stupid) and I haven't a clue when my friends start laughing about them on Whatsapp. A friend sent a picture on our group chat yesterday and it was related to a viral spoof video but since I didn't even know about the video, I was like.. Is this supposed to be funny?

Dah tu je.
01 02

"Oh, fox!"


'Kitsune' is the Japanese word for 'fox'.

Maryam, 24. *perpetually winces*

Frequently-updated blogs (hints and nudges to the others!)
Ummi Aisyah Nisya Maisurah Nabilah Aidah Sakinah Arif Humy

Sites I like. HONY Blonotes

Archive